A week ago, I’ve noticed a special meme circulating Facebook. It’s about the ”List 10 books that have stayed with you in some way. And here’s the simple rule that one must follow:
“Don’t take more than a few minutes, and don’t think too hard. They do not have to be the ‘right’ books or great works of literature, just ones that have affected you in some way.”
And finally, I’ve been tagged 🙂 Thanks to my friend, Enzie for this tag. Sorry, it’s a bit delayed.. But you know what they say, Better late than never 🙂
List 10 books that have stayed with you and affected you in some way..
So here’s my list:
1. Harry Potter (Books 1-7 JK Rowling) – whatdyaknow! I’m a Potterhead! From the moment I borrowed Sharon’s copy of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, I knew it would be the beginning of a lifelong love affair and slight obsession with Harry Potter and the world of Wizardry!
2. The Five People You Meet In Heaven (Mitch Albom) – I’ve read most of Mitch Albom’s novels but this one moved me the most. This book always remind me how short life is and how our everyday lives affect other people – may they be strangers or family or mere acquaintances.
4. Private Scandals – by Nora Roberts – my other favorite author, because she dissects, explores, explains and extolls the passions of the human heart, thus creating the best romantic stories ever.
5. Lord Of The Rings (Books 1-3, including The Hobbit) JRR TOlkien- admit it, almost half of the female population sighed and dreamt of Legolas when he first appeared in the movies, me included. It even made me want to speak Elvish! But the journey Frodo and his fellowship endured is what really made me love the whole series.
6. Cinderella or The Little Glass Slipper (Brothers Grimm)- this is the very first book I have read in my entire life. ’nuff said 🙂
7. The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins – I volunteer! I loved how Katniss sacrificed herself for her sister. I loved how she became the Mockingjay in the end.
8. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, C.S. Lewis – the wardrobe really got me curious, what if there really is a world behind it? I’d be happy to explore that world.
9. Princess Bride by William Goldman – the classic tale of love between Buttercup and Westley, the princess falling in love with the farm boy. One of my favorite parts of the book – “My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.”
10. A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin – okay, I admit, I started reading this when I began watching Game of Thrones on TV. Since then, I’ve been looking forward for more (of Tyrion Lannister, specifically)
Tagging anyone and everyone interested in joining this meme. Happy Weekend everyone!